Friday, July 4, 2014

mem card: "No Shit" : 4 july


The moon is neither new nor old, because moon inherits moon. I'm usually a happy, satisfied person, but not today. I can sometimes spend time alone, but usually I hit the button that shocks me instead. I'm a sad American, caught in black & white. The wall behind me reads No Shit. History's bunk, so I have none that cannot fit beneath my bed. I sort my memories as a teenage girl does beads, dividing blues from yellows, greens. They fight me back, like balls in a lottery machine, dancing. After practice, she sings in the car, stabs the air with her index. Been around the world, don't speak the language / But your booty don't need explainin'.

                                                                     --4 July 2014

Notes:
Photograph by Jim Goldberg
"The moon": Dogen
"booty": Jason Derulo, "Talk Dirty"
 

No comments: