Thursday, October 14, 2021

Heavy metrics

 

14 October 2021

Epic in haiku.

Ganesha’s trunk a bent twig.

It’s commutative.


No image in words.

I read blind, just seeing print.

Buddha’s lichen ear.


Lilith loves to think

Of pheasants dead by her bite.

Ginger’s their refuge.


Take refuge in words.

Like duck blinds intended to

Protect the hunter.


Hunter protected

From prey, like an abuser

Behind pink curtains.


Wayne Shorter cd

Shorter than I’d hoped; it ends

Before weed whacker.


Hancock says music

Is math; Basho counted, too.

I do hate constraints.


Around the loop from

Saijo’s place, I too watch clouds,

Bent hapu`u ferns.


Why words? he asks me.

Because I didn’t see then--

Thought meaning was sound.


Herd immunity:

Genocide’s fancy shield for

Those who got their shots.


How to break a block

But by counting syllables

In anarchist wind.





No comments: