Tuesday, January 3, 2017

3 January 2017

The nation is a fact, and a fact is not an absolute value. The current events element of this card reports the demise (and resurrection) of the congressional ethics committee. I get to “ethics” after putting in my name and password; definitions keep my words from bleeding. DiCaprio kept acting after his hand was mutilated by a knife. During the re-shoot, he asked for fake blood to replace his own. On New Year's Eve the next president appeared on stage beside Joey “No Socks” Cinque. Joey pumped his fists at the promised end of Obamacare. How's your health, Joey? Catching cold without your socks on? Radhika wondered at the real name for “wind sock”; Bryant insisted that the real name was wind sock. Our friend isn't a real Indian, despite his uncle, who hid his Indian blood by pretending to be Injun Ed. Who will take him into their circle? Can we be forgiven for making ourselves something we are not, when “to be” aligns blood with feeling? Was I less myself when I knew not to believe my thoughts? Or was that the Irish in me?


--3 January 2017

No comments: