Friday, June 17, 2022

Lilith and the Unseen Voices

Yes, Lilith and I _had_ gone around a No Trespassing sign; the rusty equipment was too luscious to miss. I'd started taking close-ups of the rusted grill and some rusty bolts on an earth mover when I heard a tinny voice say, "Hello. Can I help you?" It took a second hello before I realized that the voice was coming from trees above me. The voice inquired what I was doing. "Taking pictures of the equipment," I said. I was asked if there were a reason for my taking photos. No, I said. 
 
Lilith and I returned to the dirt and gravel road and headed back from where we came. We took the first left on a paved road and headed toward Wright Road. Two women were weeding a lawn, mother and daughter. They were visiting from Honolulu, the mother said. "It's cold here," the daughter said. They'd seen two cows fighting at the corner last night at 8 p.m. I looked up through a window in the house and saw someone in Buddhist robes. Two women came outside in brown robes. One leaned over to pet Lilith; the other spoke on her cell phone. She was an Abbess of a temple upstairs from Water Drop Restaurant at the corner of Alakea and Bishop. 
 
As we came up a road close to the cottage, I spotted the woman who'd told me about the Comte de St. Germain, who is channeled by members of an email group she's in. She was washing her car. I asked what the Comte thought of Trump. "He's a disrupter," she said, expressing incomprehension that she knows people who support him.

No comments: